Snuggle up with a bowl of turkey white chili.
This easy recipe is perfect if you don’t want to use every mixing bowl in your kitchen — you can make it in one pan (or crock pot)! Pull out this trusted recipe as a heart-healthy choice for a robust, filling meal.
Total time:1 hour 24 minutes
Preparation time:14 minutes
Cooking time:1 hour 10 minutes
Recipe serves: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese and sliced red onion, optional toppings
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat canola oil over medium heat.
- Add onion; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in cumin; cook 5 minutes.
- Add turkey; cook until no longer pink.
- Add broth, beans, jalapeno, marjoram and savory. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover; cook 15 minutes more.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into chili. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes. If desired, serve with cheese and sliced red onion.
Editor's Note: This video_recipe was originally published on , and was last reviewed on .
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.