Scratch ice cream off your next shopping list – this healthy, luscious chocolate banana ice cream comes together right at home. Just blend a few simple ingredients and you’ll have a fresh dessert in a flash.
Total time: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Recipe serves: 2 cups
- 4 frozen bananas, peeled
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (can sub peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (only use if you are making this in a food processor)
- Optional: chocolate chunks or chips, to sprinkle on the top
- Place the frozen bananas, cocoa powder, and almond butter into your high-powered blender. (If using a food processor, add milk on this step.)
- Blend the bananas on high speed using the plunger to push the bananas down as needed. After 2-3 minutes the ice cream will run smoothly.
- Either eat right away or freeze for 2 hours so that it is hard enough to scoop into cones. Sprinkle with chocolate chunks, if you’d like.
166 calories; protein 3.9g; carbohydrates 31.6g; sodium 2.8mg.
Healthy Dessert Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Sign Up to Receive Our Chocolate Banana Ice Cream Recipe.
Or, Get The Recipe Sent to Your Phone!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.