Make dinner for the whole family in a snap with this Crockpot Tuscan Garlic Chicken Recipe.
Come home to a house filled with the aroma of chicken and garlic — and have one dish to clean afterward! This healthy crockpot meal is the perfect ending to a cold winter day.
Note: Cooking garlic, cream, broth, and parmesan in the pan ensure the cream is well infused with garlic and stays smooth. If you don’t want to prepare the cream sauce on the side, you can put everything into the Crockpot with chicken and give it a quick stir before cooking.
- 6 – 8 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup Sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cup Spinach (chopped, packed)
- Heat oil or butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for about a minute, until fragrant.
- Add the cream and chicken broth. Bring to a gentle simmer, then set heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. The sauce should thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken thighs at the bottom of your Crockpot. Season chicken thighs lightly with Italian seasoning, crushed red chili pepper flakes, sea salt, and black pepper. Top chicken thighs with sun-dried tomatoes.
- When the cream sauce is ready, lower the heat and whisk in the Parmesan cheese, little by little until smooth. Adjust seasoning for the cream sauce, if needed.
- Pour the cream sauce evenly over the chicken thighs in the Crockpot. Try to get as much sauce as possible on top of the chicken thighs and less on the bottom.
- Cook in Crockpot for 3 to 4 hours on HIGH or 6 to 8 hours on low. When cooking time is over, gently remove the chicken from the crockpot and set aside.
- Turn the crockpot on high, if it isn’t already. Add the chopped spinach in the crockpot and stir for a few minutes, until the spinach wilts.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker, and spoon the liquid, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes on top, or just pour them over the chicken when serving. Serve over zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice, or rice, couscous, or pasta for non-Keto. This crockpot recipe is Keto and low-carb diet-friendly.
Editor's Note: This video_recipe was originally published on , and was last reviewed on .
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Thank you for subscribing!
You can now select the specific newsletters you'd like to receive.
You are already subscribed.
Subscribe to more newsletters in our email preference center.
Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again later.
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Connect with UPMC
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.