Adapted from “The Iron You/Yeah…Imma Eat That”
- 1 small head fresh, raw cauliflower (do not use frozen)
- ½ cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Recipe Serves: 2 individual crusts
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray set aside.
- In a food processor, process cauliflower florets until they are in tiny pieces but not fully pureed.
- Place the processed cauliflower in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes
- Spread microwaved cauliflower onto a cutting board and use a towel to press out as much water as possible.
- Place cooked, dried cauliflower into a mixing bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Divide prepared mixture into equal mounds. Press down into thin circles on the baking sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Remove crusts from oven and add desired toppings.
- Return crusts to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lden-brown (dough will harden as it cools).
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
About UPMC Harrisburg
UPMC Harrisburg is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in south central PA. and surrounding rural communities. UPMC Harrisburg includes seven acute care hospitals and over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties. These locations care for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services. Its cardiovascular program is nationally recognized for its innovation and quality. It also leads the region with its cancer, neurology, transplant, obstetrics-gynecology, maternity care, and orthopaedic programs.