To build the health of our community, UPMC has renowned centers of excellence in transplantation, cancer, neurosurgery, psychiatry, rehabilitation, geriatrics, and women’s health. But health care is not just about access to your doctor. It’s about having coverage for the health care services you need.
That’s why our UPMC providers continue to partner with UPMC for Life, UPMC Health Plan’s Medicare Advantage plan.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Thank you for subscribing!
You are already subscribed.
Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again later.
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
What Is Medicare?
Medicare is the federal health insurance program for people age 65 and older and certain people who qualify as disabled.
With a Medicare Advantage plan, you can pay less for your care, get more coverage, and have protection from large, unexpected health care costs. Plus, you get high-quality health care coverage for medical services and Part D prescription drugs.
- Original Medicare covers only about 80% of your medical costs – you are responsible for the rest
- You can save up nearly $2,000 a year on a Medicare Advantage plan over original Medicare*
UPMC for Life Offers Medicare Plans
UPMC for Life offers a wide range of affordable Medicare plans to help you get more out of Medicare. We make it easy to get care and take advantage of extra benefits that go above and beyond original Medicare.
- Access to the doctors and hospitals you know and trust. UPMC for Life has more than 240 hospitals and 48,000 that participate in-network
- PPO plans that start as low as $0 per month with coverage in- and out-of-network
- $0 plan premiums with $0 PCP visits and $0 preferred generic drugs
- Extra benefits include dental, vision, hearing, free gym memberships, and the UPMC for Life Flex Spend Card, which gives you additional dollars to spend however you like on over-the-counter health care products and dental, vision, and hearing services.
- You can also use your card for medical service costs, including doctor office copays. UPMC Health Plan’s Health Care Concierge team can help you navigate your insurance.
UPMC for Life Medicare advisors can help you with your Medicare choice. They can answer your questions and give you personal support. To learn more, you can speak with someone over the phone, chat online, or attend a community meeting.
Call a UPMC for Life Medicare advisor at 1-844-755-5608 (TTY: 711) seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Or visit UPMCHealthPlan.com/Medicare to learn more about plan options available in your area.
UPMC providers also contract with other major Medicare Advantage plans/Part D sponsors.
*Source: State of Medicare Advantage Report, Better Medicare Alliance, July 2022.
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.