Recipe serves: 6 fajitas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 1 zucchini or yellow squash, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 6 whole-grain flour tortillas
- Toppings of choice (spinach, avocado, cheese, plain nonfat Greek yogurt, salsa)
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, spices, and cilantro together to form a marinade.
- In a separate bowl, combine vegetables (except tomato).
- Pour marinade into vegetables, stirring to coat. Allow to sit if desired (can refrigerate overnight).
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Sauté marinated vegetable mixture until just tender.
- Add tomatoes to skillet; continue to sauté until tomatoes begin to break down.
- Wrap vegetable mixture into tortillas along with any other desired toppings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was originally published on , and was last reviewed on .
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Connect with UPMC
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.