- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 1 zucchini or yellow squash, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 6 whole-grain flour tortillas
- Toppings of choice (spinach, avocado, cheese, plain nonfat Greek yogurt, salsa)
Recipe Serves: 6 fajitas
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, spices, and cilantro together to form a marinade.
- In a separate bowl, combine vegetables (except tomato).
- Pour marinade into vegetables, stirring to coat. Allow to sit if desired (can refrigerate overnight).
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Sauté marinated vegetable mixture until just tender.
- Add tomatoes to skillet; continue to sauté until tomatoes begin to break down.
- Wrap vegetable mixture into tortillas along with any other desired toppings.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in south central PA. and surrounding rural communities. UPMC Pinnacle includes seven acute care hospitals and over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties. These locations care for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services. Its cardiovascular program is nationally recognized for its innovation and quality. It also leads the region with its cancer, neurology, transplant, obstetrics-gynecology, maternity care, and orthopaedic programs.