Get ready to savor a burst of freshness with our Smashed Chickpea Salad recipe. This vibrant dish combines the earthy richness of chickpeas with a medley of crisp vegetables and a zesty vinaigrette. Perfect for a quick and healthy meal or as a flavorful side, this salad is a delightful blend of textures and tastes that will leave you craving more.
Get the recipe.
Recipe serves: 2
- 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons pitted olives, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1/2 a lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place chickpeas in a bowl and lightly smash with fork or potato masher until creamy, with some chunks remaining.
- Add the olives, onion, lemon juice and zest, parsley, and olive oil.
- Gently combine.
- Serve as a salad or on toast.
Serving size: 1/2 recipe
Calories (per serving): 330
Protein 3.5 G; Fat 19 G; Carb 31.5 G; Fiber 7 G; Sodium 238 MG
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Thank you for subscribing!
You are already subscribed.
Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again later.
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.