These easy-to-make confections combine two of the season’s signature flavors — cinnamon and almond. Substitute coconut sugar for traditional white sugar (the former is filled with critical minerals, like potassium, iron, and zinc).
Ingredients for Almond Christmas Star Cookies
- A dash of vanilla extract
- Two cups of almonds (you can buy them grounded or chop them up yourself)
- Half cup of coconut sugar, substituting for white sugar
- One tablespoon of ground-up chia seeds
- Two tablespoons of water
- Two tablespoons of your favorite kind of maple syrup (try low-calorie)
- Three teaspoons of ground-up cinnamon
How to Make Healthy Almond Christmas Stars
- Pre-heat your oven to 320 degrees
- Grind your almonds into your flour
- Add chia seeds and water into a bowl and whisk together. When you’re done, place your mixture in the refrigerator
- Add coconut sugar, ground almonds, cinnamon, and vanilla powder into a bowl and thoroughly mix together
- Add the chia mix to this bowl, along with maple syrup. Mix everything together until your dough forms.
- Roll your dough — but make sure it’s not too thin!
- Cut stars using cookie cutters (or any shape you’d like to make)
- Place the cookies on a tray lined with baking paper
- Bake for eight to 10 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Allow your cookies to cool for several minutes
The inspiration for this recipe came from HeavenLynnHealthy.com.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations in central and western Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals.