This tasty recipe, courtesy of the American Heart Association, can help satisfy any sweet tooth at dessert or breakfast.
How to Make Baked Sweet Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 1 1/2-quart glass casserole dish with cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon. In the casserole dish, layer in order half each of the sweet potatoes, apples, and cinnamon-sugar. Dot with about half the margarine. Repeat. Bake, covered, for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes and apples are soft.
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut crosswise into quarter-inch slices
- 2 medium sweet apples, such as Rome Beauty or Gala, peeled, each sliced into 10 wedges
- 3 tablespoons light tub margarine
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit
- Calories 101
- Total Fat 2 grams
- Saturated Fat 0 grams
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 grams
- Monounsaturated Fat 1 grams, Cholesterol 0 milligrams
- Sodium 61 milligrams
- Carbohydrates 21 g
- Fiber 3 grams
- Sugars 14 grams
- Protein 1 gram
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
The UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute ranks among the best in the United States for complete cardiovascular care. U.S. News & World Report lists UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the top hospitals nationally for cardiology and heart surgery. We treat all manners of heart and vein conditions, from the common to the most complex. We are creating new medical devices and cutting-edge treatments that may not be available at other hospitals. We also offer screenings, free clinics, and education events in the community.