This tasty recipe, courtesy of the American Heart Association, can help satisfy any sweet tooth at dessert or breakfast.
How to Make Baked Sweet Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 1 1/2-quart glass casserole dish with cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon. In the casserole dish, layer in order half each of the sweet potatoes, apples, and cinnamon-sugar. Dot with about half the margarine. Repeat. Bake, covered, for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes and apples are soft.
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut crosswise into quarter-inch slices
- 2 medium sweet apples, such as Rome Beauty or Gala, peeled, each sliced into 10 wedges
- 3 tablespoons light tub margarine
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit
- Calories 101
- Total Fat 2 grams
- Saturated Fat 0 grams
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 grams
- Monounsaturated Fat 1 grams, Cholesterol 0 milligrams
- Sodium 61 milligrams
- Carbohydrates 21 g
- Fiber 3 grams
- Sugars 14 grams
- Protein 1 gram
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
The UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute has long been a leader in cardiovascular care, with a rich history in clinical research and innovation. As one of the first heart transplant centers in the country and as the developer of one of the first heart-assist devices, UPMC has contributed to advancing the field of cardiovascular medicine.