In a pinch for dinner? Don’t just reach for that box of pasta and jar of sauce. This vegetable medley is a perfect healthy substitute for your weekly pasta night. The tomatoes and garlic make a light and tasty sauce to accompany the zucchini noodles (often referred to as “zoodles”).
- Two medium Zucchinis
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Dried Basil
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Optional: Red pepper flakes
- Spiralize zucchinis
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large skillet
- Add 2 cloves minced garlic to skillet and sauté for 30 seconds
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half, add to skillet. Sauté tomatoes in garlic oil until soft
- Add in zoodles, sauté for 5-10 minutes depending on the consistency you like! 5 minutes for “al-dente” or closer to 10 minutes for more tender.
- Season with salt, pepper, dried basil, and red pepper flakes for a kick
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations in central and western Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals.