In a pinch for dinner? Don’t just reach for that box of pasta and jar of sauce. This vegetable medley is a perfect healthy substitute for your weekly pasta night. The tomatoes and garlic make a light and tasty sauce to accompany the zucchini noodles (often referred to as “zoodles”).
- Two medium Zucchinis
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Dried Basil
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Optional: Red pepper flakes
- Spiralize zucchinis
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large skillet
- Add 2 cloves minced garlic to skillet and sauté for 30 seconds
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half, add to skillet. Sauté tomatoes in garlic oil until soft
- Add in zoodles, sauté for 5-10 minutes depending on the consistency you like! 5 minutes for “al-dente” or closer to 10 minutes for more tender.
- Season with salt, pepper, dried basil, and red pepper flakes for a kick
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
A $21 billion health care provider and insurer, Pittsburgh-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centered, cost-effective, accountable care. The largest nongovernmental employer in Pennsylvania, UPMC integrates more than 90,000 employees, 40 hospitals, 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites, and a 3.8 million-member Insurance Services Division, the largest medical insurer in western Pennsylvania. In the most recent fiscal year, UPMC contributed $1.4 billion in benefits to its communities, including more care to the region’s most vulnerable citizens than any other health care institution, and paid more than $500 million in federal, state, and local taxes. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial, and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialization arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside on its annual Honor Roll of America’s Best Hospitals and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. For more information, go to UPMC.com.