Eating vegetables doesn’t have to be boring. Mix up pasta-night by substituting in zucchini noodles (sometimes referred to as “zoodles”) instead.
Pro-tip: make your favorite bolognese recipe leaner by using lean ground turkey instead of beef.
- Two medium zucchinis
- Olive Oil
- Your favorite lean-turkey bolognese recipe
- Spiralize zucchinis
- Prepare your favorite lean-turkey bolognese recipe
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large skillet
- Sauté zoodles in skillet for 5-10 mins
- Toss zoodles with your bolognese sauce
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Based in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and more than 700 doctor’s offices and outpatient centers. Our expert physicians are among the leaders in their fields, and we are leaders in groundbreaking research and treatment breakthroughs. UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside ranks as “One of America’s Best Hospitals” and No. 1 in Pennsylvania in U.S. News & World Report’s listings.