Comfort food doesn’t have to be unhealthy. Packed with vitamin C, K, and B6, cauliflower turns this creamy side dish into a healthy addition to any meal. Prepare this accompaniment in 6 easy steps.
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 3 lb. head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Recipe Serves: 4
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the tip of each garlic clove. Place in a piece of foil and cover with olive oil. Wrap the foil tightly and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast the garlic for 10-12 minutes or until soft. Remove and let cool before peeling. The garlic should easily pop out of their skins when pressed.
- Cook the cauliflower florets in salted water for 8-12 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and then lay flat on a large baking sheet lined with several layers of paper towel. Tap the baking sheet couple times on the countertop/table to get as much water as possible out of the cauliflower.
- Then working quickly, place the cauliflower in a food processor with roasted garlic, butter and ricotta. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Purée until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve warm.
Vegetarian and Plant-Based Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations in central and western Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals.