It’s no secret that salmon is a smart heart-healthy choice when it comes to picking out a protein to prepare. Jazz it up a notch with a sweet and tangy apricot cranberry glaze and serve with a side of steamed broccoli or sautéed zucchini for a truly colorful plate.
Ingredients for Grilled Salmon with Apricot Cranberry Glaze
For the Salmon
- 1/16 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1/16 tsp. salt
- 1 4 oz. wild caught salmon fillet, thawed
For the Sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4-7/8 oz. dried apricots, cut into strips
- 12 oz. cranberries, dried & sweetened
- 4 oz. cranberry juice cocktail
- 1-1/4 oz. light brown sugar
- Combine apricots, dried cranberries and juice. Cover, and let rest until dried fruit are rehydrated.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Set aside
Prepare the Fish
- Spray each side of fillets with vegetable oil spray
- Season each fillet with 1/16 tsp pepper and 1/16 tsp salt.
- Place Salmon flesh side down on grill. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn, and cook for another 2 minutes. Minimum internal temperature should be at least 145 degrees F. (for 15 seconds).
- Serve with some sauce over the fish
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
Based in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and more than 700 doctor’s offices and outpatient centers. Our expert physicians are among the leaders in their fields, and we are leaders in groundbreaking research and treatment breakthroughs. UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside ranks as “One of America’s Best Hospitals” and No. 1 in Pennsylvania in U.S. News & World Report’s listings.