Mildly sweet and cinnamony, these pancakes have no added sugar and are a good source of nutrient-rich complex carbohydrates. Research also suggests that cinnamon may help to regulate blood sugar, increase the metabolism, and lower LDL (bad) cholesterol. Plus, the addition of eggs and cottage cheese pump up these pancakes’ protein content, which is a guarantee to keep you full all morning long!
Adapted from “The Lean Green Bean”
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup 0% or 1% cottage cheese
- ½ cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar substitute (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Preparation Time: 3 Minutes
Cooking Time: 7 Minutes
Recipe Serves: 1-2 servings
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor blend until smooth.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Ladle batter onto hot surface in desired pancake size. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip each pancake carefully. Allow to cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the pancakes are golden brown on each side.
Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
About UPMC Harrisburg
UPMC Harrisburg is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in south central PA. and surrounding rural communities. UPMC Harrisburg includes seven acute care hospitals and over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties. These locations care for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services. Its cardiovascular program is nationally recognized for its innovation and quality. It also leads the region with its cancer, neurology, transplant, obstetrics-gynecology, maternity care, and orthopaedic programs.