This crispy almond snack mix, courtesy of the American Heart Association, serves up energy on the go.
Almond Snack Mix Ingredients
- 1/3 cup whole unsalted almonds
- 2/3 cup bite-size multibran or whole-grain cereal squares
- 1/2 cup low-fat granola cereal without raisins
- 1/4 cup dried apricot halves, cut into strips, or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
How to Make Crispy Almond Snack Mix
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the almonds in a single layer on an non-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted, stirring once or twice to ensure even baking. Transfer to a plate to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Stir in the cooled almonds.
Cook’s Tip: If all the snack mix isn’t likely to be eaten on the day you make it, we recommend using the golden raisins. The moisture of the apricots may cause the cereal to lose its crispness over time. Be sure the almonds are completely cooled when you add them to the mix; otherwise, they will make it soggy.
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
You might also like…
The UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute has long been a leader in cardiovascular care, with a rich history in clinical research and innovation. As one of the first heart transplant centers in the country and as the developer of one of the first heart-assist devices, UPMC has contributed to advancing the field of cardiovascular medicine.