This low-calorie take on bundt cake makes for a pleasing holiday dessert. Best of all, you can whip it up in just a few simple steps.
- 1/4 cup of butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup baking blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Mix together cake flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, and salt.
- In a different bowl, whisk egg whites.
- Next, beat butter and pumpkin puree in a third bowl. Add baking blend and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour mixture, milk, and puree mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Add egg whites to mixture.
- Pour batter into bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until the bundt cake is golden-brown. Allow it to cool in the pan for several minutes.
Editor's Note: This recipe was originally published on , and was last reviewed on .
Fall Flavors Recipes
Never Miss a Beat!
Subscribe to Our HealthBeat Newsletter!
Thank you for subscribing!
You are already subscribed.
Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again later.
Get Healthy Tips Sent to Your Phone!
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, UPMC is a world-renowned health care provider and insurer. We operate 40 hospitals and 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient centers, with locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, and internationally. We employ 4,900 physicians, and we are leaders in clinical care, groundbreaking research, and treatment breakthroughs. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside as one of the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties and ranks UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh on its Honor Roll of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals. We are dedicated to providing Life Changing Medicine to our communities.